Day 1. Stumbling
What I did:
- Watched dental marketing videos to become a consult . It looks good but not long a term viability unless I keep on top of facebook advertising.. it would be a 1-2 year plan. However that’s all I need… it will be considered as a possible next project.
- Watched a dropshipping scaling video about google ads vs fb ads. The presenter thinks Google ad retargeting would get you better results than Facebook dynamic retargeting
- Was on the phone with google. They tried to increase my spend on my dropshipping store, but I didn’t. I learned about ad extensions. They look like a useful thing to add to .. an ad.
- I installed WP on a website in the hope I can improve my boss’ website. It’s not the best SEO wise.
Wasted time today
- Played Clash Royale on my mobile, maybe a good 2 hours
- Spent an hour driving to the gym and back. Wasted as the gym was closed (public holiday). I may need to change to those 24 hour gyms again.
What I need to do tomorrow
- Limit clash royale game time tomorrow to only aiming for crowns and only when I’m idle e.g. waiting in line. I may only check to donate but not to play.
- I think I will join the local gym again and do HIIT routines.
Day 2. Establishing what my next ecommerce venture could be
What I did today:
- The plan was to read through blackhatworld forums (BHW) to get an idea what I can do next.
- I ended up going back to Shopify+AliExpress based posts on BHW. I think I will just go with the flow instead of learning something entirely new. It’s what I subconsciously want right now.
- My bitforex account was confirmed.
- I can buy $15 worth of blockchain shares a day.
I will need to start this end of the month. I have put in my calendar to look into this end of next week.
- Resigned from gym. I will be joining the local, cheaper gym at months end. It’s in the calendar for day 22.
- Watched some niche discovery videos in regards to aliexpress.
- Pretty much learned that its looking at
- best sellers on amazon and
- high engagement posts on facebook and
- cross-checking with aliexpress for profitability.
- Somebody on BHW recently found his winning product. It took him 2 months / 60 days and he found only 14 competitors using google, AND found it was a trending topic…
- Google called me again to try to change my ad spend on my dropshipping site, Showerfy. They didn’t know I already spoke to them yesterday.
- Imported some new items from one of my dropshippers. I’ll update descriptions tomorrow.
Wasted time & Remedies
- Videos that serve no purpose: Literally spent an hour watching “videos” to test out my new 4K monitor. I really should stop doing this. I’m not sure what a good remedy for this is short of castration.
- Games: I played Clash Royale but only when I really wasn’t focusing. What really distracts me I realise (as I am typing this) is that the phone is RIGHT THERE begging to be picked up.
- I will need to setup remote notifications from phone to my PC, and skype with my partner on my computer rather than use my phone. I’ve done some googling and PushBullet might solve my phone away from me dilemma.
- AKA keep phone away from me or
- Put it in one of those fancy time-based boxes or
- By using the Forest app again. I always forget to use Forest. I have now placed Forest next to the Clash Royale app to remind me.
- Or everything above.
- The template: After work, I will make a spreadsheet outlining all the items I come across, rather than haphazardly screenshotting them and record the numbers, so I can remove the emotion out of it.
- Sub-tabs will be on each product and suppliers/competitors…
- from these products I will need to order samples and make product videos.
- I suppose the essence of futureproofing is essential, due to the long shipping times with aliexpress.
- Update product descriptions on my first dropshipping store.
- Watch TV with fiancee (1 hour)
Day 3. Optimising descriptions on existing shop
What I did today:
- Showerfy (my existing Shopify store)
- Added negative keywords for adwords
- Read more about adwords extensions. Looks good and I’ll implement
- Dropshipper contacted me today to partner up. Looks good as my existing dropshipper ran out of a particular product I sold and refunded and these new guys have it. However these do different shipping costs to each state. I will need to update my Shopify store to reflect dynamic postcode shipping costs sometime.
- I did something different. Usually I copy and paste the dropshippers descriptions and maybe spin the words a bit. I have to admit, I suck at it. So I had a genius idea. I went to amazon and looked up best seller products which were similar to my store products. Holy cow the best sellers have great copywriting for the ad descriptions. I just used those instead (with a spin of course) I also added pictures to the description itself. I used to do this on eBay but I never explicity thought to do it until now for Showerfy
- I lowered pricing for popular products. I’d rather a sale than continuously spend money on ads
- 2 hours watching TV with the girl.
- I signed up to the new gym. Apparently I have two weeks left on my old gym (eep) so I better make the most of it.
- Google trended drones, and its only popular in Q4 before christmas. I’ll find that niche.
Wasted time and Improvements
- These past two evenings I have been pretty productive between 11:30PM-2:00AM. then at 2AM my mind kind of drifts away. It could be because its so quiet I have no other distractions (girl is in deep sleep at this time too) will keep this in mind when planning things.
- Clash Royale: I only played at work and a bit at home. I still used it a lot. Especially in bed.
- It’s impossible to be at your best state of productivity in bed.
- The moment I lie in my bed (right behind me) im on the phone doing nothing productive. This was a realisation from the girl, when she found herself on the bed a lot last night.
- Remedy- So we are both trying to encourage (yell) each other to not lie in bed unless its for napping.
- I did not end up doing the template. I will try to do this next week. (its in the calendar)
- I will hopefully get my login for the new supplier and I will start importing products from their shop into my Showerfy.
- Update best selling product descriptions on Showerfy based off equivalent amazon (and eBay) hot sellers
- (if time) update images of said products.